More and more people today are turning to their computers for work. Whether you bring some of your work home from the office or rely solely on internet companies for work and wages, the nature of work is nothing like it used to be. There are many ways to earn money online and one of the often overlooked ones in that of Internet Research Specialist.
Many people are intrigued by the flexible schedules, the total control you have, the freedom to do what you like when you like, and still earn good money. You can even work from the beach, if you don’t mind sand in your computer.
Perhaps you like to write, but you’re not sure if you want to do that for a living. Copywriting and content writing isn’t for everyone, but there is the position of internet Research Specialist that may just be right for you.
What exactly does an Internet Research Specialist do?
For starters, here are the types of companies that look for freelancers who do internet research. They are very diverse and varied. They include:
- Marketing departments
- Law firms
- Political groups
- Healthcare providers
- Insurance companies
and many more. Once you start looking for places that offer internet research, you’ll see the wide diversity of all businesses.
Being an Internet Research Specialist is something you can start today. Whether you learn on your own or enroll in a quick class to sharpen your skills, you know you want to take control over your life. You not only want to make a good salary, but maybe surprise everyone you know, with a job online that pays well.
Everyone who is online uses Google. There probably isn’t a day that passes that you don’t go there to look something up. And results are always there. If you’ve become particularly good at researching Google, or any other search engine, then put that talent to work for you. If you like to do internet research, you can get paid to do it, every day.
As an Internet Research Specialist, you’ll have a quick trip to your home office (no tolls required here), where you will spend some time surfing the Web for specific clients and their needs. Then you email or upload your information to them and go on to your next client. There are always moments in-between for getting that next cup of coffee, walking your dogs, or changing the radio station. Working from home is so nice!
There are many different places that can use an Internet Research Specialist. Some of these include:
- FancyHands.com. This company hires virtual assistants to help with different tasks, including web research. You may be asked to find out information on a particular business or their website; or find information on products or services; and perform other research tasks. If you already are a VA (virtual assistant), then check this company out.
- 10EQS.com. Once you register with this site, you’ll be assigned tasks based on your interests, professional details, and your specific fields of knowledge. Clients from around the world use this site and the more client tasks you complete, the better for you.
- Wonder. (askwonder.com) Apply to this site and if you are accepted you can choose jobs from a central dashboard and look for jobs that interest you. Then you research for that topic and choose answers that are best suited to that client. You get paid for each research task you complete.
Online job boards that can use an Internet Research Specialist include:
- Upwork. This large job site is always in need of copywriters and those who do research. Once you register and set up your account, you then bid on jobs which are to your liking. Some people complain that Upwork doesn’t pay enough; actually they are probably not working enough.
- FlexJobs. This is a similar freelance job board where for a small monthly fee you see all of their daily job postings. Just enter the words ‘internet research’ into the search box and watch the jobs appear. All jobs are legitimate so you don’t have to worry about getting paid.
- JobLizard. This job board pulls their listings from all of the other job boards, so you’re sure to see everything there is. Just be careful when choosing a particular job, as JobLizard doesn’t screen companies beyond their company name and job description. Usually job boards are a lot safer, though, than just googling something.
If you want to improve your skills and learn more about becoming an Internet Research Specialist, there are places online to start. Venues where you can learn how to become an Internet Research Specialist include:
- Awaionline.com. This site is run by the American Artists and Writers and offers many different courses on many different topics. For just a little money you can enroll in their Internet Research Specialist course and learn all you need to know.
- Futurelearn.com. This site also offers you a course in searching and researching, so you can quickly improve your skills to take on new clients.
- Educate yourself. Look for books on Amazon on how to ‘start and run an internet research business’. There aren’t a lot, but what’s there are valuable resources.
Keep in mind all jobs are hard work. You don’t just get to turn on your computer or laptop and watch the money flow out of it. You put in the time and effort, and you’ll soon have completed tasks which you can submit for payment. The world of internet millionaires may exist somewhere; but people like that are few and far between and usually only make money off of what you are willing to plunk down on their products.
Work for yourself, using your own expertise and what you know best. Becoming an Internet Research Specialist is an excellent way to earn money.